Sunday 23 January 2011

Statement of work.

I feel the work I have submitted are all varied and show that I have the creativity to make different types of designs. The images include work I did towards projects at College, a competition I entered and finally some examples of the designs I create in my own time.
As an Interactive Media student I have learnt a substantial amount of knowledge about the media industry. This will surely help me towards getting a career once I have graduated from University. Each project I have completed at College has heavily involved graphic design. Some of the projects I’ve worked on include designing promotional items, product packaging, 3D landscapes/animations, idents, web banners, TV bumpers, publication designs and much more. I can honestly say I enjoyed each of these projects and feel at ease with working towards a client brief. During my time on this course I have gained an understanding in software such as Adobe Photoshop CS4, Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Lightwave 3D and Macromedia Flash 8.
I usually design things at home when I have spare time and have an idea that I want to bring to reality. Things that I have made at home include DVD sleeves, CD sleeves, business cards, band logos, YouTube channel brands, picture manipulation and character designs. As well as these I often follow online tutorials to further my understanding in Photoshop. Having design software on my home computer is very helpful and gives me a chance to express my ideas in an effective way.
I am interested in being a part of this Graphic Design course because I’d very much like to learn more about designing and to gain a degree to help me pursue my future career. I visited the MMU campus during opening days and was highly impressed with the content that I would be learning while on the course. I’m especially looking forward to studying print-based or digital media in the second year if I were to be accepted on the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment